Project HUB-360 provides Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) with the aim to determine and monitor environmental impact of products and productive processes, and/or to certificate their sustainability so to obtain green labels or ISO 14000 certifications. Impact assessment can be used to verify the effects of existing products/processes, as well as an ecodesign tool to support new R&D projects with a sustainable view.
To complement Life Cycle Assessment, we also recommend to apply the Life Cycle Costing method, which evaluates real costs incurred from raw materials supply to disposal.
LCA and LCC tools qualify and quantify life cycle of a product, a process or an entire enterprise system in environmental and economical terms, measuring real impact of your production on the environment. A responsable management of the product life cycle is important to decrease this impact, but also to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the production system. In fact, environmental and economical sustainability effect each other, entailing benefits for the company, its workers and the society.
Life Cycle Assessment
Life Cicle Assessment is a method for evaluating environmental impact of a product or a service, taking in consideration its entire life cycle: starting from pre-production steps, until final disposal. The measurement is made drawing up an inventory of all inputs needed during the production process and an invetory of all outputs generated by the same process. Afterwords, all entries will be analized to indivuate issues and to find adequate solutions so to decrease their impact on the environment.
Why LCA is important for the environment:
- It makes variations in the environmental impact of the procuct predictable during all stages of its life cycle;
- A good management implies less pollution and waste of resources;
- It provides reliable data on the environmental performances of the company;
- It identifies most affecting stages so to find the most focused solution.
Why LCA is important for your business:
- It facilitates a continuous improvement, indentifying issues in the production and fostering a more efficient planning;
- It provides reliable data on productive process;
- It implies a more flexible planning, adjustable to market changes;
- It enhances the reputation of the company becoming a competitive edge;
- It provides a complete projection of risks and benefits by means of simulations and comparisons.
Life Cycle Costing
Life Cycle Costing (LCC) is the method employed to calculate costs occurred during the entire life cycle of a product or a service – starting from pre-production stages to its final disposal – with the objective to reduce production costs.
In an effective management view, LCC is a valuable tool to relate quantitative data to opportunities, so to take the best decisions for your business. In other words, the focused data acquisition provided by Life Cycle Costing method produces savings in time and money, without ever losing site of the final goal: economic sustainability.